OnyonLock Ransomware: Description
Presence of OnyonLock Ransomware can result extremely harmful for the efficiency and performance of PC. It is fatal in nature that carries ability to lead the system to destructive situations or make it almost useless. Whats even worse, it spreads like a wild fire and is hard to contain. It has damaged millions of the Windows PC across the world and the count is still on. Once it invades PC, it start its malicious activities in the background. One of the main objective is to install of malicious codes internally through it can bring bundles of malignant threats. Moreover, it also disables the working of pre-installed antivirus and other securities of the infected PC.
Threat Assessment of OnyonLock Ransomware
- Damage Level: Low to Medium
- Distribution: Wild
- System Infected: All versions of Windows PC.
- No. of files infects: 0-51 at a time
- Affected Countries: Worldwide
The OnyonLock Ransomware is an encryption Trojan that was reported in the third week of May 2017. Samples of the threat were submitted to online security platforms, and it was revealed that the Trojan functions identically to the Cryptobyte Ransomware. The threat is programmed to encrypt data on the compromised machine and hold the user’s files hostage until a ransom is paid and a decryption software is sent to the user’s email, which can decrypt the corrupted data. Threats like OnyonLock Ransomware and the HTRS Ransomware do not collect data, but they limit the user’s access to information on the machine. The OnyonLock Trojan may be delivered to users via spam emails and fake Internet speed optimization programs. How to Recognize an Attack by the OnyonLock Ransomware The threat is named after the ‘.onyon’ extension placed at the end…
Various Ways How OnyonLock Ransomware Invades your Windows PC
Well, there are various common ways via which OnyonLock Ransomware get entered and bring lots of vindictive activities which results in severe data loss as well as corruption of PC. It is something like disease which easily get spread from one system to another. These nasty threat is designed by using various techniques using which it easily bypasses security settings and get added. Thats why, it is very much essential to remove it as soon as possible. Here are following means by which it penetrates your system:
- Clicking on suspicious and Spam email attachments
- Using infectious removal media like CD, DVD and mostly pen drives
- Clicking unsafe and infectious url also leads to infection
- Via social networking sites
- Using corrupt or damage network device
- Along with free stuffs i.e games, videos, songs and other free software downloaded from non authorized or unsafe websites
- Peer to peer sharing of data or information
- Due to security loopholes, like antivirus not updated, inactive firewall.
Signs that shows your PC is OnyonLock Ransomware infected
Slow and weird PC : Users may notice that certain actions on their system are taking longer time to execute. If system is showing slower PC performance than it is a major sign that your PC is infected.
Redirection of Web page : OnyonLock Ransomware infection in system alters default browser’s settings and thus case redirection of web pages. When installed it change default search engine and home page settings.
Appearance of pop up ads : If you are getting pop ups ads continuously on your PC while you are browsing than it should be considered seriously as the these are signs that your system is infected with OnyonLock Ransomware infection.
Hardware Disputes : Sometimes you may notice that many of the hardware parts attached with your PC such as printer or CD ROM started acting on its own without your request or instruction or you not doing anything with your PC and your PC seems to be trying to communicate with some foreign being or making some sound than it may be an indication that your system is infected.
Missing of files : Sometimes while running any application in your system you may encounter “ Critical file is missing” error message on the system. Once OnyonLock Ransomware gets installed in the system it make certain changes in the system settings and deletes some important file from PC.
System freezes or crashes : If your PC often freezes leaving you in condition in which you are not able to do anything on your PC that is your system is not acting on your instruction than chances are there that your system is infected
New Icons : You may notice appearance of new icons or shortcuts on the system desktop that are often links to dangerous websites .
How dangerous can be OnyonLock Ransomware infection for Windows PC
Some of the hazards related to this threat are stated below:
- It affects your web browser and make various alteration on it.
- It can redirect your default browser’s home page to another website.
- Once installed, OnyonLock Ransomware will display various types of ads and pop-ups.
- The computer screen icon is replace to new icon, which is not useful.
- This vindictive threat makes PC vulnerable to unwanted toolbar, fake system utility and so on.
- Browser’s search engine displays misleading and unreliable results
- It will change system settings as well as disable system’s task manager.
- PC application takes too much time to respond.
- It hacks confidential data such as username, passwords etc.
- it brings privacy at stake as your browsing pattern can be easily accessed.
- In some cases, it can even lock the desktop and demand ransom.
- It can block the pre-installed security program to remain undetected.
- It initiates fake scan giving alerts and security alerts to panic users
Therefore it is crucial to remove OnyonLock Ransomware at the earliest if you want to make your PC secure and do not want to experience any such hazards.
Anti Removal and Stealth Tactics Used By OnyonLock Ransomware
Since OnyonLock Ransomware is so nasty that it uses anti-removal techniques. This makes it difficult to be detected and removed manually. It tries every trick to protect itself and conceals all its processes and threads. Some of them are
Simple obfuscation: it easily rename file names as well as registry keys to appear somewhat genuine to the users. This is the reason why it does not get noticed easily even by the security program that has been pre-installed on PC.
Code Injection: it has a unique tendency to inject malicious codes to another processes that has been running in the background. Eventually the purpose of remaining stealth is served easily by OnyonLock Ransomware threat. This makes it possible for the threat to hide itself from firewall and other security programs.
Watchdog techniques: even some of the security program fails to detect the infection. Moreover, even if it has been removed somehow, it can reinstall itself once again by recreating its files and processes. It can get activated during system start up or when the Windows is logged in.
This is the reason why it is important to get rid of OnyonLock Ransomware as soon as possible.
Manual Steps to Remove OnyonLock Ransomware from PC
Step 1 – User need to click on the Start button and restart the system, keep tapping on F8 function key so that user can get the option to restart PC in safe mode with networking.
Step 2 – After that user need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL simultaneously which will display Task Manager on the screen. Once it appears then you can easily remove illegitimate processes related to OnyonLock Ransomware.
Step 3 – Search for Run box and type ‘regedit’ within it, a registry editor window will display, where user need to fix all bad entries within the registry file.
Step 4 – Open the control panel of your PC and click on add/remove programs panel, if user see OnyonLock Ransomware listed there then you need to select the threat and remove or uninstall it as soon as possible.
Experts of Windows computer system suggest not to use manual steps for OnyonLock Ransomware removal until user have a complete technical knowledge to process with such kind of steps. All the steps mentioned here are enough complex to proceed and complete successfully, even it require to get completed within the same time. User cannot interrupt the process in between, it can result very bad for the health of PC or even OS crash can be a result.
Why Automatic Removal Tool Is Better To Eliminate OnyonLock Ransomware Infection?
Automatic OnyonLock Ransomware Removal Tool is an advanced and powerful utility which can easily delete OnyonLock Ransomware from your Windows system. Most of threats get inside the targeted PC deceptively using various trick though users do not have idea about their invasion as well as removal. This anti malware tool is able to detect and remove any kind of complex threat from your system without any problem. It is a West Coast Labs’ Checkmark Certification System, certified program which ensures the complete removal of threat from your computer. The OnyonLock Ransomware Removal Tool can also detect and remove those threats which easily bypass the scan of your current anti-virus application and remain hidden into system root directory. It is an automatic tool which provides step to step instructions which makes it an easy to use application. It is probably one of the best spyware removal tool.
OnyonLock Ransomware Removal Tool: Best Way to Get Rid of OnyonLock Ransomware?
There are possible several methods to get rid of nasty OnyonLock Ransomware threat from your computer system including manual and automatic removal process. However, both these methods have some advantages and also disadvantages. As if we talk about manual removal then it surely saves you big money, but the problem is that this process does not assure security of machine in future and there is also risk that if by mistake any important file gets deleted then you will find yourself in more serious trouble. So, the experts rarely suggest to use manual removal process.
On the other hand automatic removal tool might cost you some amount of money but this process is very safe and secures your PC not only from latest threats but also from related future attacks. It is so easy to use this program that even a novice computer user can run it without any professional help.
Remarkable Features of OnyonLock Ransomware Removal Tool
Designed with such technology that it quickly identifies any latest threat on system and before the infection grows severely.
- It provides a heuristic scanning process to free machine from all fatal or harmful threats.
- The system safeguard feature assures no more virus infection on computer.
- also makes sure to secure your data before beginning to remove the malware on PC by creating backup of all hard drive data.
- With network sentry feature it secures your machine even in network environment from infections.
- Scan Scheduler gives you free to set a pre time scan for the safety of your PC.
- Automatically update its database to fight with vicious threats.
- Provide 24×7 customer support.
Step Wise User Guide of Automatic Removal Tool
Step 1: Once the tool get installed , launch it and Click on “Scan Computer Now” button .
Step 2: Here, you will see all infected items from the preview pane and fix it easily.
Step 3: The tool gives many more options including memory , registries , cookies , files and rootkits scan. You can also use custom scan feature .
Step 4: “System Guard” feature allows you to protect your PC from upcoming infections.
Step 5: “Network Sentry” features is given which restricts malicious processes to execute and spread.
Step 6: “Scan Scheduler” allows users to perform schedule scanning process.
Know How to Keep Your Browser Safe From OnyonLock Ransomware In Future
Nowadays, multiple Internet browsers might be installed on your system. OnyonLock Ransomware is capable to damage from all kind of browser insecurity via various methods and means. In this case, you have to get rid of OnyonLock Ransomware for the better surfing on the Internet. In order to protect you browser safe against OnyonLock Ransomware infection you have to follow the manual steps given here:-
Step 1:- Turn on safety Features your on Internet Explorer
- Open your IE browser, from menu option select Tools
- Then, drop down the list and go to SmartScreen Filter
- Choose Turn on SmartScreen Filter.
- Finally, Reopen Internet Explorer
Steps 2:- Enable phishing and malware protection on Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Click on Customize and control Google Chrome (3-Bars Icon) placed on the browser
- Choose settings option on the page and go through.
- Then select Show advanced settings.
- Finally mark “Enable phishing and malware protection”.
- Restart Google Chrome to make your browser safe against PC threats.
Steps 3:- How to Block Attack Sites on Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- On the top menu select tools, then choose Options from the list.
- Select Security and put a mark on the listed terms
- Then click OK.
Tips To Prevent Windows From PC Threats In Near Future
“It is better to be safe than being sorry” – well said. Being a Windows users we put lot of efforts to remove OnyonLock Ransomware from our PC when it get installed. Why don’t we put some effort to make our PC safe from such kinds of perilous infections. It is really a better option to make Windows computer safe from threats.
- Follow the expert’s advised tips which help to prevent Windows from harmful PC threats
- Avoid Free Downloading application & Multimedia Stuff from unknown sites
- Don’t Click on Unknown Links & Attachments.
- Keep Windows Protection Well: Always keep your security application up-to-date and turned on Windows firewall to stop execution of malicious files.
- Avoid Visiting Unsafe Sites: Don’t visit unsafe, strange, and malicious kinds of domain. Threats lurk over their and easily may get installed in your computer.